Are you aware that the better off women are, the better off their children and families are, and in turn, the better off the communites are in which they live.
Become a Zontian and become a part of a group of more than 30,000 individuals who are working together to change the lives of women and girls in our local community and around the world.
Together, we are stronger and can accomplish great things!
We invite you to join us in our great mission to help change the world for women and girls!
Join us as a guest for our monthly meeting held the 1st Thursday of the month at Park Lane Hotel from 4:00 - 6:00 PM; email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and RSVP as our guest.
- Members must be professional women (or men at Club’s option) with a background of making executive-level decisions in their recognized business or profession.
- Each club must have members actively engaged in a variety of the occupational classifications as listed in the Marian deforest Membership and Classification Manual. This ensures that the Club will have members with different backgrounds and skills.
- Members must be willing to support and implement the objectives of Zonta International.
- Proposed member must attend at least two regular Zonta membership meetings.
- Proposed member must attend a Zonta Orientation as a prerequisite to Zonta Membership.
- Proposed member must have lived on the Island or in Bluffton for at least six (6) months.
- Attend club and relevant committee meetings.
- Pay all dues, fees and assessments promptly.
- Be familiar with club bylaws and parliamentary prodecure.
- Participate actively in meetings and deliberations and accept majority decisions.
- Accept leadership roles and give of time and talents enthusiastically to the Club.
- Identify and suggest prospective new members.
- Attend Area Meetings/Workshops and District Conferences and, if possible, International Convention.
- Support the programs of the Zonta International Foundation.
- Members must notify the Attendance Chair of intended absence no later than Monday before the regular Thursday business meeting.
- Member missing two consecutive meetings with an unexcused status will receive a letter from the Secretary explaining the rules and consequences of Zonta International with regard to attendance.
- Member with three consecutive excused or unexcused absences will receive a call from the Attendance Chair to consider taking a leave of absence.
- Acceptable reasons for an excused absence are illness (self or family), death/funeral, out of town on business, birth of a baby up to sixty (60) days from the date of the baby’s birth, and others deemed acceptable to the Board.